Tuesday, October 19, 2010

poem

i used to write poetry all the time, and in the last few weeks ive been writting alot more. i really love it and it makes me happy and feel close to the world. i decided to post this once because it is my favorite:


A POEM TO MY HEART, because it needed one:


My tenderest heart, soft and light
I know you fear the loneliness of night
The coldness of a strangers touch
And the misery of rejection

My beautiful and ever-expanding heart,
I know your heart-pangs of worry
When you begin to lean against the warmth of another
And long to trust once again.

My wincing and fearful heart,
You are full to the brim with love
Your warm blood aches to beat in time with another
To be held by soft and loving hands that will protect you from all harm.

I too long for this for you
For the peace of security
And for the happiness of ease
And to know circumstance can never sever your beats from another’s rhythm.

Come my own precious and good heart
Come to my soft hands that will protect you from all harm
Lean against me and let my love warm your nights
I promise to always love you and secure you above all else
And I promise that for all of eternity,
No circumstance will ever sever our rhythms from each other. 

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the most beautiful and touching poems I have ever read. I truly feel the love that you have for yourself and admire your bravery and courage. It is a true rarity to literally feel someone treat their soul with such care and tenderness. please keep posting your poems!

    ReplyDelete